(Adapted from the PDP Manifesto)
Achieving Gender Equality
PDP recognises the efforts and role played by the women in our society. The suppression of women’s rights means the disempowerment of half of the country’s population. This undermines our progress and development.
Gender rights are an integral part of human rights. The PDP will work with major stakeholders promote gender equality in all sectors.
PDP as a priority will focus on:
- Mainstreaming gender in all national and sub-national policies
- Increasing to 30 % women’s participation at all levels of decision making including national, sub-national and corporate entities
- Economic empowerment for women
- Developing a comprehensive report to eliminating violence against women
- Vigorously monitoring and evaluating progress in achieving gender equality